How to save energy
How to save energy consumption. How to save electricity and fuel.
Reduce fuel consumption
- Buy a car with low fuel consumption
- Avoid high acceleration / deceleration driving.
- Avoid driving with high motor RPM.
- Drive with highest gear possible.
- Reduce baggage weight
- Close the windows
- When driving look ahead to avoid unnecessary accelerations and decelerations.
- Avoid driving during traffic jams.
- Avoid unnecessary car driving.
- Keep tires with optimal air pressure.
- Do car maintenance on time.
- Plan your driving route to minimize the distance.
- Take the bus / train
Reduce electricity consumption
- Use Energy Star qualified appliances.
- Buy appliances with low power consumption.
- Check the temperature insulation of your house.
- Turn off appliances and gadgets that are in stand by state.
- Set air conditioner's thermostat to moderate temperature.
- Use air conditioner's heating instead of radiator.
- Use air conditioner locally in the room instead of the whole house.
- Use a fan instead of air conditioner.
- Avoid opening frequently the refrigerator door.
- Leave enough space between the refrigerator and the wall to allow ventilation.
- Turn off the light when you leave the room.
- Install presence detector to turn lighting off when leaving the room.
- Use low power light bulbs.
- Decrease washing machine water temperature.
- Use shorter washing machine program.
- Fill the washing machine / dryer / dishwasher before operation.
- Wear clothes that fit the current temperature.
- Use the stairs instead of elevator.
- Set energy saving features in the computer's operating system control panel.
- Hang the laundry to dry instead of using the dryer.
- Go to sleep early.
- Install solar water heater system.
- Reduce water heater temperature
- Use sunlight instead of artificial light.
- Buy LCD/LED TV instead of plasma.
- Disconnect electrical charger when it finishes charge.
- Install solar panel on your roof to generate electricity.